Sunday, August 9, 2015

gishwhes 2015

#70. IMAGE. Design a good app for the Amish. Submit an image that displays the link to the app.

This blog was developed as a sumission to gishwhes 2015

I couldn’t afford to host an app (I couldn’t find a free source). 

So, I decided that since blogs now come with mobile apps included… writing a fashion blog [The Amish Fashionists] for the Amish would be “good” as well as kind to Amish people. 

I think that a lot of people believe the Amish to be weird… so, instead of turning the Amish into a joke or a costume… I decided to write from the perspective of a modern young Amish woman who takes joy in her lifestyle and clothing choices while also standing up for herself and choices in a world that doesn’t understand/accept her. 

I researched Amish lifestyle and fashion, trying to be as educational and factual as possible (forgive me if I got anything wrong).

Truth is... I would read an Amish fashion blog! 
I would love to know more about Amish fashion and Amish lifestyle on a real level (not just a glorified Hollywood fake weird 'reality tv' level).  The little bit of factual information I gleaned from researching Amish lifestyle was interesting and inspiring. 

I spend so much of my life tethered to technology, modern fashion and the secular world (and I love my lifestyle).  I think it would be really wonderful to know more about a culture that is so misunderstood.

Vivi Ennui
www.StyleOrElse.com

1 comment: